Rewarding a Job Well Done

September Teachers Recognizing Teachers Recipient: Mrs. Katherine Baugher, Theater Department

Photo by: Nabiha Rais

Mrs. Katherine Baugher holding the Teachers Recognizing Teachers trophy for her inclusiveness with the Exceptional Education students.

Every month, a member selected for the Teachers Recognizing Teachers award passes the award to another deserving teacher at Midlothian High School. Exceptional Education teacher Mrs. Debi Green awarded the honor to Mrs. Katherine Baugher based on her dedication to working with her Exceptional Education students through theater. Mrs. Green said that she chose Mrs. Baugher because  “she is so loving and caring towards every student.”

Mrs. Baugher has had a rich experience working with the special needs students in the Theater Department. She explains,“Mrs. Green bringing the kids in gave them an opportunity to feel successful.” With a focus on inclusivity, Mrs. Baugher has worked with the special needs students and helped them feel welcome, allowing them to gain more responsibility as they went along. She felt it was a recognition on her part, explaining, “Having Mrs. Green to recognize me made me feel very gratified.” Mrs. Baugher loves teaching theater and is very grateful to do something she loves. Her favorite part of teaching theater is “watching kids create and collaborate to create more” and “watching how comfortable students get and how much they achieve as they keep going.”