Mr. David Wilson Named Midlothian High School Teacher of the Year

Mr. David Wilson: Midlothian High School 2016-2017 Teacher of the Year

Congratulations, Mr. David Wilson, English Department, 

Midlothian’s  Teacher of the Year for the 2016-2017 

Innovative, Talented, Challenging, Relevant, Hard Working, Enthusiastic, and Motivating are all words that have been shared to describe this year’s’ recipient of the Teacher of the Year award, Mr. David Wilson

Mr. David Wilson attended James Madison University as a Music Education Major for two years and then transferred and received a BA degree in English Literature from Washington and Lee University.   He then earned a MA in English and Teaching Composition from Virginia Commonwealth University and a post-secondary teaching certification from the University of Virginia with endorsements in Secondary English, and Special Ed..LD, ED, and MMD.

Mr. Wilson also has experience in a variety of teaching settings:

1. Youth and Music director at a Presbyterian Church in Haines, Alaska
  2. VCU graduate teaching assistant teaching freshman composition.
  3. VCU full time English lecturer
  4. Japan public schools teaching English  through the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program
  5. Charterhouse School teaching all subjects to students with social, emotional, and learning issues.
  6. Midlothian High School, teaching eight years in Special Ed and thirteen years teaching English.

Mr. Wilson met his wife, Christine, on his first day at VCU in 1985 and is just about to celebrate his 29th anniversary. He loves his primary job of being a dad to his four children, Anna, Simon, Milo, and Noah and enjoys reading, art, music, gardening, and “spending too much money on way too many aquariums.”

An innovator, he developed the Midlo Forensics program, leading the group to eight Conference championships and seven Regional championships.  He loves teaching a broad spectrum of students from co-taught to Honors to IB. Due to his hard work, dedication, and knowledge, he was awarded the 2015 Midlothian High School  IB teacher of the Year.

Midlothian High School proudly announces Mr. David Wilson as the 2016-2017 Teacher of the Year. 

Mrs. Margaret Hendricks,  2015-2016 Midlothian High School Teacher of the Year, delivered the announcement of Mr. Wilson’s prestigious award at a ceremony held on Wednesday, April 6, 2016, in the Midlothian High School library.